Available Open Courses
Leadership Fundamentals & Core Principles
Leadership Fundamentals and Core Principles is an intensive and well-structured programme designed to ensure that anyone leading groups and services develops a bedrock of effective leadership practices based on the latest principles and behavioural insight. Based around distinct frameworks to enable you to implement best practice, we focus on practical application in the unique context of healthcare and the clinical coal-face. We'll also demystify behaviour and psychology in leadership into very practical and useful insights and approaches. Suited equally to both trainees wanting to ensure they develop the very best of leadership capability and experienced leaders wanting to ensure that they apply themselves in the best possible way for today.
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
LEADERSHIP FUNDAMENTALS & CORE PRINCIPLES - PROGRAMME
- The context of leadership today
- How does leadership is tough times differ from normal
- Understanding leadership versus management
- Critical effects of leadership ineffectiveness
- Adopting the right leadership approach
- Tailoring the approach to people, context and circumstances
- The leader as catalyst
- Distributed leadership and its importance today
- Transformational leadership - core principles
- The ENABLEMENT Model
- Applying WILL, SKILL, CAPACITY & AUTHORITY in practice
- 6 Core Components of Effective Leadership (an application model)
- Understanding & applying each component
- The role and importance of trust in leadership
- Different people, different needs
- Getting the best from people
- Understanding your own psychological makeup and its influence on leadership
- Leading those who are different from you
- Culture, motivation & morale
- Creating the conditions for engagement & ownership
- The importance of reflection and humility
- Your lifelong leadership journey
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use