Available Open Courses
Leading Highly Effective Projects & Change
Projects abound in healthcare, whether a simple change in rota planning approach to a complex redesign of mission-critical services, and yet despite their ubiquitous nature, the complex healthcare environment makes project success elusive in far too many cases. The successful project is well-led, planned well and managed carefully. This programme focuses on building a robust set of principles that marry the technical planning of projects with the human factors involved. It's this combination that creates success. The programme is highly practical in nature, designed to equip you with a comprehensive 'how to' approach, whilst drawing from the core elements of PRINCE2 but without falling into the trap of over-engineering anything.
This programme is accompanied an additional digital programme. Post course, you will be granted access to the programme Change Management Masterclass (4 CPD points and worth £40 + VAT).
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
The programme is super-comprehensive, providing a thorough project management training in a single, intensive day.
- What do we really mean by a project?
- Typical traps - why so many NHS projects fail
- The importance of a systematic approach
- Different conditions warrant different approaches
- Analysing your project landscape
- Matching the approach to the landscape
- The architecture of a project - stages and gates
- 12 point process for effective projects
- Pre-stages - the business case and approval
- Clear, quantifiable project objectives
- Taking a SMARTIE approach to project goals
- Defining a clear scope... and sticking to it
- Pertinence - linking your project to the external environment
- Early engagement to ensure project success
- Going into a project with your eyes open
- Stakeholder analysis
- Identifying supporting versus resisting stakeholders
- Strategies to gain maximum support
- Successful project planning
- Plan testing - will it work
- Gap analysis to identify blocks and solutions
- Risk assessment and quantification
- Risk to versus risk from the project
- Project communication planning
- Communication for engagement versus management
- Positive implementation and setting pace
- Decision scope and permission management
- Approaching the human element
- Project participants must be ENABLED
- Ensuring motivation and drive towards the project
- Compliance versus commitment versus compulsion
- Ensuring the right knowledge, skills and insight
- Work takes time - addressing capacity
- Establishing a practical working together approach
- Setting a project cadence or rhythm
- Using collaboration and sharing platforms to enable easier group working
- Working effectively across boundaries and locations
- Avoiding the capacity trap
- Learning to let go
- Devolving authority to accelerate project progression
- Maintaining effective control in devolved projects
- Management by exception and permission scope
- Overcoming speed bumps and resistance
- Active strategies to ensure resistance turns to support
- 10 tips for project success
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use