Available Open Courses
Leadership Excellence is designed to ensure that you have the knowledge, skills, principles and insight to lead services, projects and people in extremely difficult and increasingly risky conditions. Anything less than the right approach, applied well, increases personal, service and Trust vulnerability by undermining motivation, drive, engagement and morale, as well as resulting in inertia and a failure to achieve, transform or even stabilise. These are vital principles that often mark the difference between success and failure and yet still too many underestimate the importance of getting this right.
ADDITIONAL BONUS LEARNING & PRE-COURSE PREPARATION
This programme is accompanied by three additional digital programmes, all in video-narrated form.
Leadership Fundamentals & Core Principals (9 CPD points and worth £110 + VAT)
- 12 Months on-demand access
- 20+ hours of CPD (constantly growing)
- Highest possible quality video- and audio-narrated slide presentations (mostly live captured)
Please note, allow 8 hours for this vital pre-course preparation for the programme you are attending, unless you have undertaken the programme before.
Creating Aligned, Shared Vision & Strategic Effectiveness (8 CPD points & worth £80 + VAT)
Leading Services In & Through a Crisis or Disaster (9 CPD points & worth £90 + VAT)
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
Understanding leadership from the consultants context
- The context of leadership today - setting the scene
- Strategic leadership of services and organisations
- How leadership differs from management
- The leader as catalyst
- Transformational, distributed leadership
- Leading through consensus
- Creating distributed leadership & responsibility
- The WILL, SKILL, CAPACITY, AUTHORITY model (Enablement)
Enablement for Achievement
- Ensuring your team has motivation and drive, even today
- Intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation
- The propensity to act with both urgency and judgement
- What insight & skills do services need today
- The capacity to achieve - better organising strategies
- Platform for achievement - supporting & driving non-clinical progress
- Fostering a sense of belonging, ownership & responsibility
6 Core Components of Effective Leadership
- Inspiring trust & confidence
- Strategy & direction - a how to guide
- Aligning systems & processes - unsticking & de-frustrating
- Knowing the people - what you need to know and how to use it best
- Releasing potential - an action plan
- Influencing, communicating and engaging
- Understanding each component in depth
- Practical application of each component
Applying Leadership to Difficult Scenarios
- Overcoming inertia and paralysis
- Leadership in crises
- Leading transformation & turnaround
- Stimulating genuine innovation
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use