Available Open Courses
Management Excellence is designed to ensure that you can successfully keep a service, project and/or people on the straight and narrow, delivering the highest possible quality and experience at the lowest possible cost in a safe environment. This comprehensive day covers the 4 cornerstones of management effectiveness and how to apply them at the service level. It is geared towards managing people and performance in the context of today's tough environment, including how to rectify performance issues should they occur.
ADDITIONAL BONUS LEARNING
This programme comes with valuable additional learning in digital format, all video-narrated and of the highest quality.
- 12 Months on-demand access
- 20+ hours of CPD (constantly growing)
- Highest possible quality video- and audio-narrated slide presentations (mostly live captured)
Please note, allow 8 hours for this vital pre-course preparation for the programme you are attending, unless you have undertaken the programme before.
This programme is accompanied by two additional digital programmes. Post course, you will be granted access to the following programmes:
Rapid Management Effectiveness for Hyperbusy Professionals (11 CPD points and worth £110 + VAT)
Critical Principles in Getting the Best from People in Difficult Times (15 CPD points & worth £150 + VAT)
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
Core Management Principles - Understanding
- Defining management and how it differs from leadership
- 4 Cornerstones of Management Effectiveness
- Management planning - the effective service-level game plan
- Organising people & work
- Fayol's Wheel of Managerial Activity
- Industrial Humanism Model - improving human performance
- The service management job to be done
- Utilising an effective mental model to understand your service
- Auditing the service against the model
Core Management Principles - Applying
- Working out precisely what needs managing
- Creating a service-level management map
- Modern Mintzberg - operationalizing the service management role
- Modern Mintzberg - improving operational service management
- Avoiding typical pitfalls in your approach to management
- Understanding management styles
- Developing management style flexibility to increase effectiveness
- Effective management communications
- Managing people - what do they need?
- 10 Facets of Team Effectiveness
- Conducting & utilising a team effectiveness audit
- Influencing the dynamics of departmental/ team performance
- Deploying people more effectively by better understanding them
- Coordinating, communicating and collaborating - establishing a platform
- Robust two-way communication & interaction - especially around risk
- Translating direction into productive action
- Ensuring that everyone works in the same direction
- Gaining ownership & action from team members
Managing Performance & Workload
- Workload prioritisation based on purpose, risk & timeliness
- Establishing a robust daily management approach to maximise performance
- Utilising WIG meetings
- Establishing a robust performance management process
- Developing and utilising dashboards
- Introducing a measurement-feedback-correction cycle
- Managing performance problems e.g. disruptive people, sickness & absence etc
- Risk management & mitigation
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use