Available Open Courses
Practical Assertiveness & Dealing with Difficult Behaviour
Practical Assertiveness & Dealing with Difficult Behaviour is undoubtedly the most comprehensive, practical programme available today that is specifically designed to help consultants and other doctors adopt the right behaviour, communication and approaches necessary to ensure competent, confident assertion and leadership across both clinical and managerial responsibilities.
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
BONUS BEHAVIOURAL ANALYSIS QUESTIONNAIRE
Conduct an insightful behavioural drivers questionnaire that helps you relate your behaviour to your psychological profile and then see how to apply yourself more effectively in a wide variety of situations
Helps you to reflect in advance and us to get it right on the day
UNIQUE POST-COURSE IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE
A hugely beneficial guide to implementing the strategies and techniques, so important in gaining the most from the course
- What is appropriate assertiveness?
- Personal & professional consequences of getting it wrong
- Where does positive assertiveness benefit you in life?
1. UNDERSTANDING BEHAVIOUR & ITS MOTIVATIONS
- The principles of the inner human
- Understanding the influences on behaviour
- Historical influences that lead to over or under assertion
- Intent versus impact versus motivation
- Recognising different people, styles & motivations
2. EMOTIONAL SELF-MASTERY
- The importance and influence of self-esteem
- Managing your own self-esteem
- Mastering your own thoughts and beliefs
- Overcoming emotional hijack
- Developing self-control in critical moments
3. CORE PRINCIPLES IN COMMUNICATION & INFLUENCING
- Understanding the communication cycle
- Improving the impact of both written & verbal communication
- The link between stimulus and behaviour
- Understanding and applying the basic influencing process
4. IMPROVING IMPACT & INTERACTION EFFECTIVENESS
- Understanding what delivers impact for different people
- Mastering your own blueprint for impact
- Building rapport more successfully
- Operating with confidence and presence
- Inspiring trust and confidence
5. DELEGATION, SAYING 'NO' & OTHER SCENARIOS
- Dealing with the feelings about saying 'yes' and 'no'
- Developing choices that aren't driven by feelings
- Improving language to improve impact & reduce consequences
- Calling for help when you need it
- Ensuring that risks are acted upon
- Improving handover effectiveness
6. PROVIDING FEEDBACK POSITIVELY & PRODUCTIVELY
- Understanding the emotional & psychological impacts of feedback, good & bad
- Mastering your own feelings when receiving feedback
- Mastering your own feelings when giving feedback
- Developing the right language skills
- Ensuring that you give the right feedback
7. RESOLVING CONFLICT & RE-BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS
- Is it conflict or is it debate?
- Passive and active conflict
- Strategies for minimising its occurrence
- Simple steps to extricate yourself from conflict
- Preserving and restoring relationships
8. HANDLING & MANAGING DIFFICULT BEHAVIOUR
- Difficult people or difficult behaviour?
- Adapting your mindset around behaviour you don't like
- Developing resilience to others
- Spotting & avoiding manipulation
- Influencing behaviour for the better
- Understanding how behaviour changes in stress conditions
- Learning to identify & observe trigger points
- Why people become difficult & aggressive
- Having the right mental attitude
- Dealing with aggressive behaviour
- Responding styles
- Resolution styles & approaches
- Productive questioning techniques
- Reacting to confrontations constructively
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use