Available Open Courses
Appraiser Refresher & Support Session (1 day)
This highly supportive but very productive session is designed from the dual standpoint of ensuring that appraiser's practice remains fully in line with the latest GMC requirements whilst also providing a forum for learning to help tackle the most common recurrent issues being experienced by the appraisers, now that they have had sufficient time to draw that view and now that the organisation has a perspective on what the common issues are, or where the process gets stuck. Additionally, we will focus on the common challenges and problem areas from national experience, including where Trusts and individuals get themselves into trouble, whilst providing or facilitating solutions & approaches to tackle these.
Participants will be invited, ahead of time, to respond to a very short questionnaire about their actual experiences and problem areas, then designing the final delivered content with this in mind too.
- What has changed in process and requirements over recent times?
- Where does the GMC feel the key problems lie?
- What are the proposed best practices and solutions to these issues?
- Where are the majority of concerns being found & why?
TRUST CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS
- What are the key challenges facing Trusts, especially this one?
- How are these best tackled?
- What has experience taught us around optimisation of the appraisal process?
- How can we have the highest positive impact with the least negative or disruptive process?
APPRAISER CHALLENGES & SOLUTIONS
- Appraisal feedback - especially where there are concerns
- Managing emotions, naivety and denial
- Managing perception gaps between appraisee and appraiser
- Psychology in appraisals - considering the individual
- Avoiding inadvertent psychological bias
- Special considerations when there are concerns
- Handling difficult conversations
- Understanding the escalation process
- The role of the Responsible Officer in escalation
- Reassuring the appraisee and managing their reactions
- Approaching poor performance appraisals supportively
This section will be modified in terms of final content in response to the questionnaire.
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use