Available Open Courses
Time Management & Personal Effectiveness
Today's healthcare environment places immense pressures on doctors and healthcare profressionals, who often (if not constantly) find themselves running full tilt, without breaks, coping with inadequate resources, insufficient junior & nursing staff members and untold barriers to even getting the simplest things done. It takes its toll.
- Feeling like it's impossible to balance clinical & administrative requirements?
- Struggling to achieve work-life balance?
- Does work appear to dominate your life?
- Seems impossible to fight back the encroaching jungle of priorities and workload?
- Failing to get traction on mission-critical stuff?
- Feel like you need to achieve more than you are?
These are just some of the typical challenges faced by doctors today and just the sort of issues this course is designed to address... permanently. Time Management & Personal Effectiveness is one of our most referred onto courses for the simple reason that it makes a lasting difference to people's lives. It's practical, filled with insightful advice about managing load, regaining control, achieving goals more easily and working within today's healthcare environment. We truly understand the context of being a consultant or trainee today and that's what makes this course different from any other around. However, it's not JUST the insight that sets it apart. From pre-course assessment to post-course support, it's designed to deliver a transformation.
Extremely Comprehensive Approach
Full one-day programme, delivered by one of a small cohort of very senior tutors because this is work that changes lives and must be right..
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 - 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
This is far more than just a course. It is designed to literally transform life under even the most challenging of circumstances and so comes with significant additional support.
- Completion of Personal Time Management Audit, to help focus interventions
- Completion of Work-Life Balance Evaluation & Management Tool, to ensure we create the right game plan
- Completion of Behavioural Drivers Questionnaire, to help steer interventions & solutions
POST COURSE CONTENT
- Implementation Plan & Execution Guide, to ensure you transfer the learning
- Full access to our ACHIEVE Learning Package, including a super-comprehensive 8-hour e-learning version of Time Management with masses of additional strategies, tips and tricks
INTRODUCTION & CORE PRINCIPLES
- Core principles of time management & personal effectiveness
- Psychology of time management - what goes on in the head?
- Common time management traps
- Niagara syndrome and how to avoid it
- Driven, productive achievers - what do they do differently?
- Differentiating MUST, SHOULD, NEED & EVERYTHING ELSE
ADOPTING AN ENABLING GAMEPLAN
- Understanding the impact of your current gameplan
- Defining a better gameplan and using it to exert control
- Planning & prioritisation effectiveness
- Achieving more through effective goals & objectives
- Improving productivity - simple strategies with big impacts
OVERWHELM & INTERDEPENDENCE
- Coping with overwhelming workload - rules & strategies
- What to do when it genuinely does not all fit
- Addressing this safely through Trusts
- Utilising a priority grid to balance importance & urgency
- Successfully managing the unexpected
- Coping with interdependency - the impact of others
- Working more effectively with others
- Barrier management whilst remaining open & accessible
- Saying 'No' and delegating effectively
WORK-LIFE BALANCE & PERSONAL CHANGE
- Defining and understanding effective work-life balance
- Achieving work-life balance by before a major life event
- Tips & techniques from the rich, famous and busy
- Understanding & managing why personal change is so hard
- Making personal change & ensuring it lasts
- Aberdeen - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use