Available Open Courses
Core Skills in Clinical Effectiveness & Improvement
Clinical effectiveness is an absolute baseline today. Dropping the clinical ball can result in adverse media attention and reputational risk, not to mention the distress to patients and impact on morale. Services need to compete on quality to ensure their enduring success, especially as the number of providers increases. This course is packed with strategies, advice and skills to assist you in taking clinical effectiveness to the next level, regardless of starting point, to ensure the best possible outcome for patients and value for commissioners.
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
- Understanding clinical effectiveness in the context of today
- Outcome & value under the spotlight - vital understanding
- Organising principles for clinical effectiveness
- Core components of a clinical effectiveness strategy
- Re-thinking clinical portfolios to maximise success
- Re-thinking care pathways for improved quality & experience
- The link between outcome, experience & financial results
- Achieving targets and standards with greater ease
- Approaching service re-design to enhance results
- Establishing a clinical effectiveness strategy
- Engaging teams in strategy formation to enhance ownership
- Setting effective direction for the clinical team
- Deploying & managing teams for optimal clinical results
- Establishing clinical service indicators
- Quality versus performance indicators - the importance of both
- Lead versus lag measures - know the difference
- Process and methodology for performance feedback
- Early warning methods to keep results in track
- Setting a clinical improvement strategy
- Organising principles for an effective improvement project
- Assigning roles, responsibilities& accountability
- Aligning systems & processes for better clinical outcome
- Improvement science - applying the approaches
- Pathway analysis & clinical observational techniques
- Bringing lean into the clinical arena
- Organising effective risk & governance systems
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use