Available Open Courses
Management Fundamentals & Core Principles
Clinical staff frequently find that the technical & medical knowledge they've worked hard to gain is only part of the story when managing people, projects and performance. This one-day comprehensive programme seeks to fully address that by covering all the essential topics in a very practical way, enabling you to really develop your management skills in the clinical context. It's built on robust principles and models to ensure that you develop a consistently successful approach.
Management Fundamentals is our baseline programme for clinical professionals of all types to gain a thorough understanding of management in the clinical service context and how to apply it.
It's suitable for Consultants, GPs, Senior Nurses and Doctors-in-training.
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS & CORE PRINCIPLES - PROGRAMME
- The management imperative for modern services
- What is management really?
- Key differences between management & leadership
- Understanding medical management responsibility
- 4 Cornerstones of Management Effectiveness
- Management pitfalls and their clinical implications
- Management planning and organising
- Developing robust performance management systems
- Introducing a measurement-feedback-correction cycle
- Robust framework for managing people
- What does the team around you need from you?
- The people in organisations - essential understanding
- Deploying people for maximum effectiveness
- Assigning responsibility and fostering accountability
- Setting compelling goals for self and others
- Core principles in effective delegation
- The SMART plus framework for goals, objectives and delegation
- Planning your shifts appropriately
- Utilising team members based on skills & preferences
- Creating an environment for effective teamwork
- Motivating your team to better performance
- Management styles and how to apply them
- Communicating effectively with your team
- Dealing with difficult situations & people
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use