Available Open Courses
Influencing Upwards & Outwards
Influencing Upwards & Outwards
In the type of environment we operate in today, internally within our Trusts or externals in the emerging system, it is very clear that absolute power has changed considerably and so our ability to influence successfully has become a critical factor for successful leaders and services, not that it always wasn’t, of course. This highly practical programme is very much designed to look both at the behavioural side of influencing i.e. individual-to-individual, and the strategic side of influencing e.g. how a service can influence say commissioners or a senior management team. We’re going to look at a range of issues and scenarios that can’t be ignored, a great example of which might include how we get proper attention paid to critical safety concerns in say a Trust with financial problems.
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
- Understanding influence in the context of today’s NHS
- What might we want to influence?
- Who might we want to influence?
- How might we want to influence – impact of no power or authority
- Thoroughly understanding behaviour
- Applying the influencing framework
- Overcoming entrenched behaviour
- Influencing senior management teams
- Influencing commissioners
- Influencing by negotiating
- Influencing across organisational and service boundaries
- Leadership influencing – moving clinical teams
- Influencing around patient safety
- Extra firm influencing – ensuring being heard when people don’t want to listen
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use