Available Open Courses
Personal Leadership Excellence
The challenges we face, coupled to the complexity of the environment in which we operate, creates some of the most difficult leadership conditions any leader could possibly imagine. Moreover, the cost of leadership failure is catastrophic in human terms. We need leaders who have the personal strength and impact to achieve great things, motivate and inspire people and lead transformation. This programme is focused firmly on you - the leader. It takes a systematic and comprehensive approach to building your understanding of personal leadership effectiveness, along with providing very practical guidance.
Some of that impact doesn't come just from knowing. We'll also develop and set you on a path for lasting improvements, allowing you to hone and develop your leadership impact to the highest possible levels.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT INCLUDED
Understanding People digital learning programme, providing 3 CPD points and a great deal of enhanced learning depth in a crucial set of topics that will be used on the programme.
Exceptional Personal Leadership digital learning programme - more than 12 hours of in-depth learning, going into each section covered on the course in greater depth, allowing you to both review the learning AND augment it with extra tools, techniques and insight.
Influencing Upwards & Outwards digital learning programme - another 6+ hour programme designed to give you much greater depth in this most important aspect of impact, allowing you to take the most practical aspect of impact effectiveness to a whole new level.
Our Easyjet-style pricing means places start at £245 + VAT for the first 5 places, step to £275 + VAT for the next block and then revert to the standard price of £295 + VAT. It's not time-related, it's 'places available at' and so it pays to book swiftly to secure one of the lower price places.
This means that you get the best price available by booking early but it does require payment at the time of booking, as the place is attached to you and that deni
WHAT IS PERSONAL LEADERSHIP IMPACT?
- The context of leadership today - setting the scene
- Emerging leadership challenges and imperatives
- What this means for leaders, especially clinical ones
- Leadership Potency - critical nature & consequences of impotence
- The Personal Leadership Impact Heptagon
HEPTASTONE 1 - SELF AWARENESS
- What do we really mean by Self Awareness
- Impact of psychology on our behaviour, choices & preferences
- Our impact on others who are different
- Discovering yourself
HEPTASTONE 2 - SELF INSIGHT
- The principles of self insight & mindfulness
- Understanding our own choices, reasoning & decisions
- The importance & determination of meaning
- Developing consciousness in the moment
- Linking emotions to meaning
HEPTASTONE 3 - SELF CONTROL
- Understanding the meaning-emotion-behaviour pathway
- Introducing a pause between stimulus & response
- Spotting & controlling behavioural triggers
- Understanding & overcoming your own limbic processing
- Introducing the 'what is the goal here?' step
- Practical steps for improving self control
HEPTASTONE 4 - TRUST & CONFIDENCE
- What does trust & confidence give us?
- Signs & symptoms of trust insufficiency
- Core components of effective trust & confidence
- Practical strategies to develop trust
- Reputational trust & how to develop it
HEPTASTONE 5 - INTERACTION
- The importance of peer group and network
- Actively determining your circle
- Interacting at higher levels in the organisation
- Practical & productive interaction for impact
- How to gain access and the ear of anybody
HEPTASTONE 6 - INFLUENCE
- Understanding the core principles of influence
- Passive versus active influence
- Influence utilising emotions & managing meaning
- Understanding & utilising limbic processing for positive influence
- Influence by creating a movement
- A to B influencing strategies
- Determining the right behavioural influences in different situations
- Applying a robust influencing formula
HEPTASTONE 7 - POTENCY
- Understanding the Leadership Potency Framework
- Interpreting it at a personal leadership level
- Approaches to developing a robust WHETHER response
- Strategies for developing the right WHAT
- Principles & strategies for HOW effectiveness
Course DatesNo dates currently available for this event
- First Five Delegates: £245.00
- Next Five Delegates: £275.00
- Standard Price: £295.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.
More Information & Compelling Reasons
Healthcare is tough today and the training you receive must adequately address that reality. No idealism or wishy-washy, overly academic regurgitation, just focused, bang up-to-date, hard-hitting, highly practical courses designed to address the things you need to be very good at today. Equally, your study leave time and budget are both scarce and precious. We won’t waste your time, we work hard to provide the very best training at professionally sustainable fees (lower than many) and we NEVER compromise on learning quality. Other practical reasons include:
- 100% Money-back Guarantee
- Just 12 Participants Per Course (Academyst Select)
- Extremely experienced faculty with seniority & genuine gravitas
- Many courses are augmented by significant additional e-learning for depth
- Academyst Select Courses
Academyst Select is a truly comprehensive approach to supporting you from both the learning perspective and in how you use or implement that learning. By operating with reduced participants and days i.e. only working with comparatively few individuals, we are able to provide an unmatched and truly enabling level of support.
Academyst Select courses have as standard:
- Open dialogue with the team and more targeted advice on your specific issues
- Access to ongoing implementation advice
- Full-sized PDFs of all slides used
- Implementation Guide to help you apply principles and learning
- Implementation Materials – actual documents, slides & models that you can use