Download this policy: privacy-policy-academyst
1. Collection of data
The data being collected by Academyst LLP, is on behalf of our group of related companies; Academyst LLP, Grow Medical LLP, eMedicus Ltd, Insights Publishing Ltd & Progressence Ltd and may be used across a variety of mediums and web spaces, all within and owned by the group of companies, in order to fulfil purchases, process bookings, manage learning and administer courses e.g. CLICpoint. We do not share your personal information with any 3rd parties beyond the group, except as stated under ‘How your data is used’ or where permission has been explicitly sought and granted. Your data is only used for the express purposes you have actively consented for and in the processing and fulfilment of purchases or services you have booked or acquired.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify what communications you wish to receive.
Should the GDPR regulations alter, the changes will be posted here so that you are always kept informed about the collection and use of your personal information, and when we disclose it. Any personal data collected will comply with the terms of GDPR.
Registration for an account on this site requires only a valid e-mail address, your full name, job title, organisation and some address details. You are not required to provide any other information if you do not want to. Please be aware that the e-mail address you provide and any other information you enter, may render you personally identifiable, and is used by Academyst LLP in the conduction of its business.
As on many web sites, the webmaster may also automatically receive general information that is contained in server log files, such as your IP address, and cookie information.
We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all of your personal data on secure servers. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not store credit card or payment details.
2. How your data is used
Your data is used in the following manner only:
- for the purposes you have expressly granted permission for.
- to customise and improve your user experience on this site e.g. by using Cookies, only where you have consented to or allowed that use.
- for processing and fulfilling the purchases and services you have selected.
- for administering course and programme bookings, including making bookings, providing instructions, joining details and in financial administration
- for managing subscriptions to services or journals that you have expressly signed up for or consented
In using the data in the above manner, your data may be utilised across a variety of within-group systems and web platforms, as well as shared in only the manner described in ‘Sharing your data’.
3. Sharing your data
Your data will not be shared outside of our related group of companies except under the following circumstances:
- your consent is obtained, such as when you choose to opt-in or opt-out for the sharing of data (which we rarely do and only where it is necessary to fulfil your purchases & requested services)
- with course venues for registration, fire safety and security purposes only, restricted to information strictly necessary to identify you within their premises
- a service provided on our site requires interaction with a third party, or is provided by a third party, such as an application service provider, provided that such service provided is also GDPR compliant
- pursuant to legal action or law enforcement, including the passing of details to services utilised in the recovery of debt, before which we will inform you of the intention to do so
- it is found that your use of this site violates the webmaster’s policy, terms of service, or other usage guidelines, or if it is deemed reasonably necessary by the webmaster to protect the webmaster’s legal rights and/or property
- this site or company is purchased by a third party, in which case that third party will be able to use the data in the same manner as set forth in this policy.
In the event you choose to use links displayed on this web site to visit other web sites, you are advised to read the privacy policies published on those sites.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The webmaster might not allow persons who are aged thirteen or younger to become members of this site. For more information, please contact the webmaster.
6. Editing or deleting your account information
You are provided with the ability to edit the information stored for your user account information during registration, by visiting www.medmeeetings.co.uk/login.php. You can request that your user account be deleted; to do so, please contact customer support.
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data, which we hold about you.
You have the right to request that we correct any personal data, if it is found to be inaccurate, or out of date.
You may withdraw your content to the processing of your data for one or all of our services at any time, either by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by contacting customer support.
We will continue to store your data until you ask us not to or we are informed it is no longer relevant.
Content or other data that you may have provided, and that is not stored within your user account, such as articles published, may continue to remain on the site at the webmaster’s discretion, even after your user account is deleted.
Changes may be made to this policy from time to time. You will be notified of substantial changes to this policy either by through the posting of a prominent announcement on the site, and/or by a mail message sent to the e-mail address you have provided, which is stored within your user settings.
8. No Guarantees
9. Contact information
If you have any questions about this policy or about this web site, please feel free to contact email@example.com